Pre-Beta Opening Phase Policies
Making in the Space
We're looking forward to seeing you back in the Space! And, for the safety of our members and staff, we're asking you to follow these rules:
You MUST reserve a shift using our Sign Genius in order to enter the Space; DO NOT DROP IN. If the area you would like to use is full for a shift you are interested in, please check for another convenient time and date and do not come into the Space. The number of Shifts have been carefully calculated to minimize risk,
You MUST wear a KN95, N95 mask OR 2-ply fabric masks that cover your nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES while inside or around the outside of the Space (even if you’re socially distanced or alone in a portion of the space.) Also no vented masks will be considered acceptable face coverings. If you need a mask we have a few that we can provide,
If you are traveling, returning from college, or attending a group or family holiday event with more than 5 people from separate households, you MUST quarantine for 14 days after returning home or after your event, before coming into the Space,
If you have been exposed to someone who is positive for Covid-19, you MUST quarantine for 14 days from the date you found out about the exposure, and test negative for Covid-19 before you can return to the Space,
DO NOT come if you're not feeling well (such as coughing, shortness of breath, fever, etc.) or it’s been within 2 weeks of you having been exposed to someone who's tested positive for Covid19,
If you were recently tested for Covid-19 and waiting for results, you can not enter the Space until you receive a Negative Test Result,
Please consider staying home if you are part of an at-risk population (ie/ elderly, immuno-compromised, etc.),
During our Pre-Beta Opening, we will not be able to accommodate guests. If an area is limited to 1 person, then that limit is absolute,
If you sign up to use an area, you are required to use ONLY that area during your reserved time. We can not accommodate individuals utilizing multiple areas at this time,
Members using an area, can only do so during their reserved time. Members are welcome to reserve multiple time slots, but we ask members to mindful of their time and have their area cleaned up and projects finished by the end of their reserved time. We can not accommodate extra time beyond the reserved slots, at this point in time,
We will take your temperature before you enter (please feel free to bring your own thermometer if you'd prefer,) and you will be required to wash your hands. We will maintain proper social distancing in the Space,
Members will also be required to submit to a checklist of COVID-19 safety questions, which they will be required to answer and sign with every unique vist to the Space. If you would like to save some time you can print out, review and sign the checklist before arrived to bring with you to the Space. It can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJOYPp3g1UUZj0Do7_s9OMvA7sgX58cRx_WgzhGSQjU/edit?usp=sharing
Members will need to clean up and sanitize the tools, equipment, area they use before leaving (we have spray sanitizers),
Staff and Supervisors reserve the right to decline access to any member for any reason.
Current Shifts Include:
- Monday 10am-12pm, 12:15-2:15pm, and 2:30-4:30pm.
- Wednesday 10am-12pm, 12:15-2:15pm, and 2:30-4:30pm.
- Friday 10am-12pm, 12:15-2:15pm, and 2:30-4:30pm.
- Saturday 12:15-2:15pm, and 2:30-4:30pm.
- Maintain social distancing and keep your masks on,
- If needed, please bring your own laptop (our community laptops will be available upon request,)
- Break room will not be available except for washing hands and member check-in,
- Selective eye and ear protective equipment will be available at the check-in table, members will be asked to sanitize the eye and ear equipment they use before and after each use (or bring your own,)
- Members will need to clean up and sanitize the tools, equipment, area they use before leaving (we have spray sanitizers),
- Staff will wipe down frequently touched areas at end-of-day,
- We ask that you don’t share phones, equipment, tools without first sanitizing,
- Woodshop door will be propped open for less contact,
- You may leave large projects overnight for drying (ie/glue); But you must first get approval from the supervising staff person, and you should not leave them on the work benches.
- To sign up for all the areas, click here for the SignUp Genius; This includes the CNC and Glowforge (we will NOT be using Calendly.) Please update your shift ASAP if your plans change and you can't come!
We ask that you please have patience with us as we do our best to get you back in the space safely! Looking forward to seeing you! As always, please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to: