Beta Opening Phase Policies
- Staff or Supervisors will be present to let members in and maintain safety protocols.
- You MUST reserve a shift using our Sign Genius in order to enter the Space.
- If the area you would like to use is full for a shift you are interested in, please check for another convenient time and date and do not come into the Space. The number of Shifts have been carefully calculated to ensure proper social distancing.
- Shifts will be available at hourly increments:
- Monday 10am-5:00pm.
- Tuesday 12pm-9:00pm.**
- Wednesday 12pm-9:00pm.**
- Thursday 10am-5:00pm.
- Friday 10am-5:00pm.
- Saturday 10am-5:00pm.
- Sunday 10am-5:00pm.
- Shifts include:
- 1 spot for the Woodshop (includes use of the CNC)
- 1 for the Eshop
- 2 for the Outside Pad area*
- 2 for the Inside Main Area
- 1 for the Glowforge
* we have a new portable SawStop tablesaw and our other portable tools/equipment that can be used outside so the Outside Pad Area is available for metalworking, woodworking, and other projects. **There will be a cutoff for using loud tools on the Outside Pad Area at 8pm.
You MUST reserve a shift using our Sign Genius in order to enter the Space; DO NOT DROP IN. If the area you would like to use is full for a shift you are interested in, please check for another convenient time and date and do not come into the Space. The number of Shifts have been carefully calculated to minimize risk,
You MUST wear a KN95, N95 mask OR 2-ply fabric masks that cover your nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES while inside or around the outside of the Space (even if you’re socially distanced or alone in a portion of the space.) Also no vented masks will be considered acceptable face coverings. If you need a mask we have a few that we can provide,
If you are traveling, returning from college, or attending a group or family holiday event with more than 5 people from separate households, you MUST quarantine for 14 days after returning home or after your event, before coming into the Space, (If you have been Fully Vaccinated you will not be required to quarantine, per CDC guidelines)
If you have been exposed to someone who is positive for Covid-19, you MUST quarantine for 14 days from the date you found out about the exposure, and test negative for Covid-19 before you can return to the Space, (If you have been Fully Vaccinated you will not be required to quarantine, per CDC guidelines)
If you were recently tested for Covid-19 and waiting for results, you can not enter the Space until you receive a Negative Test Result,
Please consider staying home if you are part of an at-risk population (ie/ elderly, immuno-compromised, etc.),
During our Beta Opening, we will not be able to accommodate out of household guests. Family members and people who live in your household are welcome, we just ask that you let us know they will be joining you by emailing us at [email protected]
If you sign up to use an area, you are required to use ONLY that area during your reserved time. We can not accommodate individuals utilizing multiple areas at this time,
Members using an area, can only do so during their reserved time. Members are welcome to reserve multiple time slots,
We will take your temperature before you enter (please feel free to bring your own thermometer if you'd prefer,) and you will be required to wash your hands. We will maintain proper social distancing in the Space,
Members will also be required to submit to a checklist of COVID-19 safety questions, which they will be required to answer and sign with every unique visit to the Space. If you would like to save some time you can print out, review, and sign the checklist before arriving to bring with you to the Space. It can be found at the following link:
- Maintain social distancing and keep a suitable mask on AT ALL TIMES,
- The Break room will not be available except for washing hands and member check-in,
- Members are allowed to drink fluids while they are in the Space, but they must eat outside,
- Selective eye and ear protective equipment will be available at the check-in table, members will be asked to sanitize the eye and ear equipment they use before and after each use. You are encouraged to bring your own.
- Members will need to clean up and sanitize the tools, equipment, area they use before leaving (we have spray sanitizers),
- We ask members to mindful of their time and have their area cleaned up and projects finished by the end of their reserved time. We can not accommodate extra time beyond the reserved slots, at this point in time,
- Staff will wipe down frequently touched areas at end-of-day,
- We ask that you don’t share phones, equipment, tools without first sanitizing,
- You may leave large projects overnight for drying (ie/glue); But you must first get approval from the supervising staff person, and you should not leave them on the work benches.
We ask that you please have patience with us as we do our best to get you back in the space safely!