Community - Trust - Strive - Collaboration - Joy
- We’re a welcoming, inclusive community of diverse people with programs that lower the barriers to making for all.
- We bring together problem-solvers, creators, and learners from across the metro-Atlanta area.
- We expect everyone to be honest and proactive in all aspects of our maker community.
- This includes using equipment/tools safely and respecting other makers as well as letting us know if something needs fixing/improving.
- We make great efforts to achieve our goals, work and vision.
- We believe that learning by making mistakes, moving forward, problem-solving and successfully creating will build confidence and critical thinking skills.
- We see challenges as opportunities for growth.
- The spirit of exploration in an inclusive space is at the heart of what we do.
- We’re a safe place for those willing to work together to try something new, ask how things work, and share our expertise/knowledge.
- We strive to engage in all our making experiences and programs with a sense of joy!
- We hold the value of joy at Decatur Makers, as a time to practice happiness caused by exceptionally good experiences, shared together.
Decatur Makers is committed to supporting a diverse community by intentionally creating an inclusive environment for makers of all backgrounds to make cool stuff.