Signing up for 3dPrinterOS
How to sing up for 3dPrinterOS and get access to our printers
Decatur Makers now uses 3dPrinterOS to manage our printers. It's a cloud-based tool that's free (for you) to use, helps us keep track of how many prints are done and when problems occur, and lets you view your print progress via webcam from anywhere with an Internet connection!
- 1.You must be at the space when you start a print! It is highly recommended that you keep an eye on your print until the first or second layer is done printing, as this is when most failures happen - and failed prints left running can damage the printers. In addition, the printers don't know if the last print is still on the bed; a human must confirm that the bed is clear and ready before starting a print.
- 2.If you log in to 3dPrinterOS on one of the computers at the space, please make sure you log out when you're done!
All that's needed to get started is to sign up for a free account and then add our workgroup printers using the following instructions.
- 1.Open a web browser and visit https://cloud.3dprinteros.com/ and sign up for a free account. You can either (1) create an account with your email address and a chosen password, or (2) login via your existing Google, Facebook, or Microsoft account. (IMPORTANT: If you log in to 3dPrinterOS on one of the computers at the space, please make sure you log out when you're done!)
- 2.If you created an account using your email address and a password, check your email for a confirmation link to follow (screenshot below). Otherwise, you should be logged in.
- 3.Once you're logged in, click on the "Printers" tab on the top navigation bar:
- 4.From the Printers page, click on the three small vertical dots to the right of the search box. This will open a menu; click on "Add workgroup printers" in the menu:
- 5.In the dialog that pops up, (1) enter our Access code in the "Access code" box (note that it must be typed exactly as provided, including capital letters) and then (2) click the "Connect to workgroup" button. Our access code can be found on a sign in the 3D printer area of the space or in the "Pinned items" of the 3d-printer Slack channel. Please do not share our access code with anyone who isn't a member.
- 6.You should now be able to see all of our printers, along with their current status (green for ready to print) as well as the recent prints done on them:
- 7.You can also click on the "Liveview wall" tab to see the webcams from all of the printers: